Research Desk Assistant-Hedge Fund!
Our client is looking to add a dynamic Research Desk Assistant to their team. This role has a lot of scope and will evolve from day to day, so we require someone who is a natural problem solver and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Based on the trading desk, your day-to-day activities will be varied; alongside your usual workload you will get involved in projects and ad-hoc work across the business. This exciting opportunity will suit someone who is looking to develop their career whilst working alongside some of the best talent in the industry!
Responsibilities include, but will not limited to:
- Research/Analysis – you will be expected to digest a wealth of information and be able to interpret it into something tangible. This will primarily be completed using Bloomberg, Capital IQ etc.
- Assist with range of administrative requests for front-office team
- Liaising with brokers and 3rd party providers to ensure access for research has been set up accordingly
- Printing research documents and dealing with research requests from analysts
- Diary management - creating calendar invites, arranging meetings, conference calls etc.
- Assisting in organising existing workflows, such as invoice paying
- Assist with ad hoc projects
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of a 2:1 undergraduate degree in a relevant subject
- Experience working in an administrative, research or compliance function in financial services
- Excellent Microsoft Office suite capabilities. Knowledge of Bloomberg an advantage
- Ability to think on your feet in a driven environment
- Strong self-motivation and discipline to complete projects
- Forward thinker
£30,000 - £50,000 pa